Compensation for the loss of earnings

Daily allowance and workers’ compensation pension or rehabilitation allowance are used to pay compensation for the loss of earnings under workers’ compensation insurance.  

Initially, daily allowance will be paid on the basis of incapacity for work if the incapacity lasts for at least three consecutive days excluding the claim date. Daily allowance is not payable for the claim date. Daily allowance is paid for up to one year from the date of the claim event.

Read more on daily allowance 

If the injured person remains incapacitated after a year from the occurrence of the occupational accident or manifestation of the occupational disease, the workers’ compensation pension will compensate for the loss of earnings.

Read more on workers’ compensation pension 

An injured person who receives vocational rehabilitation due to the injury is paid rehabilitation allowance instead of daily allowance and workers’ compensation pension.

Read more on rehabilitation allowance

Modified 04.08.2016