The bodies of the Finnish Workers' Compensation Center are the General Meeting, the Board of Directors and the Managing Director.
The General Meeting and its functions
A member of the Finnish Workers' Compensation Center has the right to vote at the General Meeting. A chairman elected at the General Meeting leads the meeting proceedings.
The general meeting shall
- decide on the Finnish Workers' Compensation Center's rules;
- deal with the balance sheet and the statement by the auditors on the financial statements;
- decide on the measures to which the previous year's administration and accounts gives rise;
- decide on the fees paid to the auditors and the chairman, members and medical experts of the Board of Directors and the Accident Insurance Compensation Board;
- decide on the number of members and deputy members of the Board of Directors representing the members of the Finnish Workers' Compensation Center, and hold the election of the members and deputy members of the Board of Directors representing the members and the election of the auditors;
- approve the following year's budget.
The Board of TVK
The Board of Directors' term of office is three calendar years. The Board shall elect a chairman and a deputy chairman from among its members.
The board's tasks are
- exercise the supreme power of decision-making for the Finnish Workers' Compensation Center in matters that do not fall within the decision-making powers of the General Meeting or the Managing Director;
- prepare the matters to be discussed at the General Meeting;
- appoint and dismiss the Managing Director of the Finnish Workers' Compensation Center and the managers reporting to the Managing Director and agree on their remuneration and other terms of office; and
- determine the fees for the service functions provided in section 210.
Board members and deputy members
Working Environment Specialist Erkki Auvinen, The Finnish Confederation of Professionals STTK
Head Of Commercial Insurance BA Antti Huhtala, Pohjola Insurance
CEO Päivi Huotari, The Farmers' Social Insurance Institution Mela
Lawyer Paula Ilveskivi, The Central Organisation of Finnish Trade Unions SAK
Leading expert Miia Kannisto, Akava
CEO Aki Kiiliäinen, Pohjantähti Mutual Insurance Company
Director Vesa-Matti Kultanen, Fennia Mutual Insurance Company
Deputy Director Mika Makkonen, LähiTapiola Mutual Insurance Company
Chief Legal Advisor Mikko Nyyssölä, Confederation of Finnish Industries EK
Head of Product and Price Tiina Pajamo, If P&C Insurance
Leading expert Vesa Rantahalvari, Confederation of Finnish Industries EK
Specialist Antti Tanskanen, Confederation of Finnish Industries EK
Director Jyri Tapper, State Treasury
Director, claims and insurance Jussi Ilveskoski, Turva Mutual Insurance Company
Director Jan Limnell, Försäkringsaktiebolaget Alandia
Lawyer Maire Lumiaho, The Central Union of Agricultural Producers and Forest Owners (MTK)
Adviser for Health, Safety and Equality at Work Anne Mironen, The Central Organisation of Finnish Trade Unions SAK
Leading economist Sami Pakarinen, Confederation of Finnish Industries EK
The Managing Director
The Managing Director of the Finnish Workers' Compensation Center shall have satisfactory knowledge of insurances for occupational accidents and diseases, and he or she must have a good reputation.
The Managing Director exercises supreme power of decision in individual cases concerning, for instance, the payment of compensation for injuries that occurred during uninsured work and the delayed processing of a claim.
The acting Managing Director of TVK since June 1, 2017 is Janne Reini.