Image -

Instructions for health care providers

Establishing the insurance details

  • If the health care provider is not sure which insurer has underwritten the policy taken under the Workers’ Compensation Act, the health care provider must contact TVK to retrieve the relevant details from insurance register maintained by TVK. You can contact us by email at or by telephone on +358 409 220 930 (weekdays 9:00-15:00).
  • The health care provider delivers all documents and invoices to the employer’s insurer.
  • If the health care provider cannot find any details of the insurer underwriting the policy at the time of the claim event, it must notify TVK so that the liable insurer can be found.

Notice to TVK

The health care provider can notify TVK of a claim event (accident or suspected occupational disease) that has taken place during uninsured work by sending TVK the following information:

  • injured person’s name, address and date of birth;
  • employer’s name and contact information;
  • details of the claim event and medical report specifying the treatments given; and
  • copy of the A1 / E101 form, if found (posted worker’s certificate).

If any of this information is missing from the notice, the matter cannot be processed and the documents will be returned to the health care provider.

Invoices for medical care with full-cost payment information can be sent directly to TVK.


Worker's compensation and insurance
Information service and publications
Finnish Workers' Compensation Center